Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29, 2009 - 0 Miles - Hopetown, Abacos, Bahamas

We fueled up today and topped off our water tank. I probably forgot to mention that my larger front water tank has started leaking again. So now we have the ability to carry only 1/3 of our normal water supply. As expected, I was down to my last 5 gallons of diesel by the time we fueled. I don't like getting down that low but we had no choice.

Finally, we have internet access so we can catch up on things. I have no idea what our next move will be. I'll be looking into that once I'm caught up. I suspect we'll be stuck here a few days. We are victims of the winds. Our travels must be to the southeast which is a dead headwind right now, and will be under typical weather patterns. I cannot imagine tacking all the way to the Virgin Islands. It literally requires three times the work, distance and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment