Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 10, 2009 - Provo, Turks and Caicos

First time in the water today. Well, maybe the second. Very nice. We swam for an hour or so for exercise and snorkeled to check out some of the reef. I believe this is supposed to be either the third or fourth largest reef in the world.

Colleen took a long walk to the grocery store while I did some boat work. I cleaned the deck and put some teak oil on the wood. Replaced some bad hinges. Put in new running light bulbs. Also assembled a spare bilge pump for emergencies. I found a submercible pump, bought 12-foot of plastic tubing, some wire and a cigarrette plug. So if I needed too, I can drop this thing into the bilge sump, plug it into the cicgarette lighter, run the hose to the sink and pump water.
We had homemade pizza for dinner tonight.

I'm looking tentatively at Thursday for a departure to the Virgin Islands. It won't be an easy sail but we best get on with it. We'll start out in some pretty good winds so I'll probably reef. We'll head on a northern tack for at least one day depending on wind activity. I see a slight northerly component in the wind on Friday and maybe Saturday to help with our SE tack.

No comments:

Post a Comment