Friday, May 22, 2009

May 12, 2009 - Provo, Turks and Caicos

I'm looking at Wednesday as a departure date. I hope to make the full hop to the Virgin Islands. It could be 6-10 days. Hard telling but I think the timing is as good as it will get. Our neighbors are leaving today for the BVI. I think their boat sails itself.

I helped the 54 foot neighbor boat get off today. Yea, even the big guys have problems. We have a strong side wind that makes it tough. But to make matters worse, the are unable to pull in their entire main sail. It furls up inside the mast but there's a boring problem relating to its full function. It caused windage problems in the crosswind. Then their bow thrusters weren't working this morning. So I used the dinghy to make up for their problems. They had three people, plus me. It was still a rough exit. I hope ours goes better tomorrow. It will be just Colleen and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment